The Lamborghini of Trade Show Crates
For this year’s Industrial Pack trade show, Reid Packaging constructed a special crate to demonstrate the range of features and the wealth of knowledge that the company has in making high-quality, custom-designed, reusable and indestructible crates. Our custom crate on the floor is the Lamborghini of show crates and demonstrates an abiding commitment to excellence in custom crate manufacturing.
A wealth of manufacturing expertise
This crate may look simple, but the expertise that gets poured into its design and fabrication is practically limitless. Let’s take a look at the features of this 49” by 32” by 40” crate:
- Sanded and finished 3/8” plywood sheathing on all sides is reinforced by 1” x 4” cleats. For the lid we implemented reverse cleating to allow for easier stacking and a flat tabletop.
- Heavy-duty twist-draw latches on the sides and a center hasp offer rugged security and reusability.
- Notice the ISPM-15 mark (the “bug stamp”) on both sides of the crate. We prepare crates for export all the time and use treated wood to meet international standards.
- Gussets add stability on the sides.
- The casters have heavy-duty 3” wheels. They are through-bolted for maximum stability and longevity. On the right side we use fixed casters, and on the left we use swivel-locking casters to make moving the crate easy and safe.
- In our shop, we have a large flatbed printer that uses UV-cured inks, enabling us to print directly on the plywood sheathing. We simply load the image into our computer system and we can print on 1 crate or 100 crates for the same price per print. We have no silk screens or dye plates to manufacture, making set-up time negligible. We can print on substrates up to 1.5” in width. Notice the photographic detail and the vibrant colors!
- The lid is held on with heavy-duty hinges and a lid tether.
- We have coated the inside of the crate in polyethylene foam. We use a wide variety of PE and PU foams with different densities to design a cushioned and protective ride for your materials. We form foam padding around products so that they are snug and protected from vibration, dropping and other impacts.
- Because of our extensive mil-spec work, we use clinched nails for extra security except when the client specifies otherwise.
Every one of the features that we have added here is customizable. When our clients approach us and tell us the use they will make of the crate, we offer a list of features and work together with the client to design a crate best able to protect their product and conform to budget, weight and transport requirements.
That’s not all…
Reid Packaging has decades of experience building heavy-duty, custom crates and boxes for some of the world’s most important manufacturers. We packaged the entire Lockheed Martin F-22 assembly line in 2012. This trade show crate is one small example of the precise work we do. Get in touch with us to find out more about the heavy-duty, custom manufacturing of crates and boxes.