International Shipping Crates – ISPM-15 “Bug Stamp” Wooden Export Crates
Reid Packaging has extensive experience in the design of international export packaging complete with barrier bags and desiccant and is ISPM 15 export certified for wood packing material requirements.
ISPM 15 is a standard developed by the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) that directly addresses the need to treat solid wood materials used to manufacture international shipping crates. It governs all wood packaging material (pallets, crates, dunnages, etc) used for export packaging, requiring that they be treated with heat or fumigated with methyl bromide and marked with a seal of compliance. This seal of compliance is often referred to as the “bug stamp.”
All lumber purchased by Reid Packaging for crating meets or exceeds the ISPM-15 standard for heat treatment requirements for export shipments containing Solid Wood Packaging Material (SWPM). We can apply our ISPM-15 compliant “IPPC-HT” stamp to any of our wood crates, boxes and pallets specified for export packaging.
- The markings must be within a rectangular border with a a vertical line separating the IPPC logo from the indentifying data.
- The border lines may be solid or broken; and the corners may be rounded.
- XX – indicates a two letter ISO country code
- OOOO – the next series of letters/numbers is the unique identification mark of the wood treatment agent or packaging manufacturer. The number of letters or digits may vary according to each country.
- The country code and treatment agent or manufacturer code must be separated by a hyphen.
- YY – This indicates the type of treatment, and will either be HT (Heat Treatment) or MB (Methyl Bromide).
We also offer container loading, blocking and bracing services with our export certified IPPC-HT compliant Dunnage stamp. We can also water- or vapor- proof your equipment to withstand the most critical conditions and climates either for shipping or for long-term storage.
Reid Packaging is regularly inspected and certified by Stafford Inspection & Consulting Services, LLC. Follow this link for additional information: http://www.staffordinspection.com/ISPM_15_program.html
For complete international wood crate requirements visit the ISPM-15 web site (http://www.ispm15.com).